Australia¹s leading source of information for the property and built environment industry, The Urban Developer, wishes to appoint a passionate, highly motivated, experienced and enthusiastic communications executive to join the Executive team in our Brisbane office.
Who Are We?
The Urban Developer is Australia's largest, most engaged and fastest growing community of property and urban development professionals.
Our mission is to connect, inform and inspire by being the leading source of information, events and products to the industry.
Our vision is to grow a global network of people and businesses that are contributing to the development of smart cities around the world.
In doing so, we will empower our community to make better decisions about how to develop smarter and more sustainable cities.
- We are passionate about design-led, socially responsible and sustainable development.
- We are fiercely independent.
- Our community is everything we have.
- We are inspired by new ideas that solve problems through innovation.
- We connect our community and partners in a meaningful, authentic and valuable way.
- We care about our cities, its people and our planet.
- We are optimistic about the future.
Urbanisation is both the greatest challenge and opportunity facing our planet over the next century.
More people now live in cities than in rural areas around the world, and that number is climbing. Today 54% of the world's population lives in urban areas and this is likely to reach 70% by 2050.
Our role at The Urban Developer is to facilitate the conversation in a real, sensible and meaningful way to ensure that the challenges are met and the opportunities are realised.
What Do We Do?
Our core business is content. At the heart of what we do is a promise to deliver the highest quality content to our passionate community through daily news, research, opinion, features, events and education.
Our content - both digital and interactive - is our point of difference and our community recognises this daily through the highest engagement levels in the industry.
We strive to be a 'one-stop-shop' for our audience by ensuring informative, consistent and engaging content.
The Content Director is a central role upon which the entire business is built.
As part of the Executive team working alongside the Publisher, Digital Director, Sales Director and Events Director, the Content Director is responsible for driving the strategic direction of The Urban Developer's editorial and operational functions.
The Content Director's role will include, but is not limited to:
- Design and implement the overall editorial strategy in association with the Executive team;
- Manage the internal and external editorial team, including Managing Editor, Editors and freelancers;
- Source, coordinate and manage external contributors and experts;
- Improve and implement editorial standards and guidelines across all content touch points;
- Engage with key stakeholders, such as PR, agencies, industry, government and corporate contacts;
- Design and implement sponsored and native content campaigns with commercial partners;
- Identify new content opportunities and manage the delivery of compelling rich media campaigns;
- Review ongoing content performance and analytics, and adapt content strategy accordingly;
- Grow a portfolio of trusted content creators such as editors, videographers, producers, etc;
- Maintain a thorough understanding of digital, social media, technology and publishing trends.
- Cover letter detailing your passion for the built environment and why you're the perfect person for the job;
- 3-5 examples of your relevant written work.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the built environment;
- Independence, autonomy and leadership;
- Strategic vision and idea creation;
- Excellent written skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent organisational management skills;
- Proficiency in Wordpress and Google Analytics;
- A thorough understanding of social media platforms;
- A love of interstate and international travel.