The Rydges South Bank hotel in Brisbane has unveiled a new collection of rooms as the finale to a $30 million, three-year redesign.
Under the direction of General Manager Callum Kennedy the hotel is scheduled to complete one of the country’s largest all-room hotel redesign and refurbishment projects later this month.
All planning, design and execution work has been carried out by the multi-award winning KannFinch, a group with offices throughout Australia, Asia and the Middle East. KannFinch is the creative force behind extraordinary projects such as the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Dubai Festival City and the Hotel Intercontinental in the UAE.
The $30million investment included the upgrading of exisiting spaces and a range of new facilities, including Bacchus Restaurant, Soleil Pool Bar, the acclaimed Podium Level, new hotel façade and driveway entrance.
The investment has been long-term, significant and carefully curated and is testament to the hotel’s commitment to remaining at the epicenter of Brisbane’s leisure and corporate visitor market, a beacon for the future of the city’s visitor experience.
The upgrade included:
- All 304 rooms have been redesigned and refurbished, including 64 suites;
- Three different configurations of suites are now available, all featuring separate bedroom and living areas, king beds, styled furniture, 55” Samsung LED TVs, innovative technology and a sense of warmth, welcome and most importantly, livability;
- A timeless colour palette of luxe tobacco and burgundy hues stars throughout the hotel, with stylised avant-guard designer carpet featured as a design element on each floor; particular attention has been paid to the beds, bedding and linen and the lounge/chaise elements, creating a unique combination that appeals to key leisure, corporate and family guests;
- The hotel is home to a $1million technology upgrade which features the Orion Energy Management System and allows guests the fastest access and most up to date connectivity without sacrificing personal service and attention – no technology will ever take the place of a warm welcome by a real concierge!
- All beds throughout the hotel are luxurious King Coil Beds;
- Featured in all rooms are Samsung LED TVs with Apple TV and high-speed connectivity to hand held technology (48” in standard rooms and 55” in suites).