The Urban Developer
AdvertiseEventsWebinarsUrbanity
Industry Excellence
Urban Leader
Sign In
Membership
Latest
Menu
Location
Sector
Category
Content
Type
Newsletters
Urban Leader Awards Logos RGB White
NOMINATIONS CLOSE SEPTEMBER 12 RECOGNISING THE INDIVIDUALS BEHIND THE PROJECTS
NOMINATIONS CLOSING SEPTEMBER 12 URBAN LEADER AWARDS
LEARN MOREDETAILS
TheUrbanDeveloper
Follow
About
About Us
Membership
Awards
Events
Webinars
Listings
Resources
Terms & Conditions
Commenting Policy
Privacy Policy
Republishing Guidelines
Editorial Charter
Complaints Handling Policy
Contact
General Enquiries
Advertise
Contribution Enquiry
Project Submission
Membership Enquiry
Newsletter
Stay up to date and with the latest news, projects, deals and features.
Subscribe
OfficeAna NarvaezMon 20 Aug 18

Investa Takeover Stalls as Fund Rejects Blackstone Bid

TUD+ MEMBER CONTENT
b4652047-b9b9-48a9-a789-591c30071486
SHARE
2
print
Print

The unlisted Investa Commercial Property Fund, which controls almost 20 per cent of the Investa Office Fund, has said it will vote against Blackstone’s $3.1 billion takeover bid for the ASX-listed property trust Investa.

The unlisted fund ended speculation on Monday, confirming that it would vote against Blackstone’s bid, adding that the proposal “does not adequately reflect the value of the IOF portfolio.”

“Accordingly, ICPF confirms that they intend to vote all of the IOF securities they hold (being 19.95% of IOF) against the current Blackstone Proposal.”

The vote by ICPF was flagged last week when the fund sold a 50 per cent stake in Investa Office Management Holdings – which manages $11 billion of Australian office towers – to Macquarie.

Along with Macquarie, the Blackstone takeover drama has a new bit part player in international developer and investor Oxford Properties Group.

ICPF said that it had agreed to sell half of its stake in IOF – 9.99 per cent – to Oxford, which is backed by the $100 billion OMERS Canadian pension fund.

The fund is selling 59.8 million IOF securities representing $5.25 a share to Oxford – the same as Blackstone’s existing bid.

Related: Oxford Properties, Grocon Team Up on Barangaroo

Independent expert KPMG had previously assessed Blackstone’s bid as “not fair but reasonable”; the offer is worth $5.15 per unit once Investa’s second-half distributions are taken into account.

Fund manager APN Property has also said it will vote against Blackstone’s proposal, with the Melbourne-based investment manager had said that the net tangible assets per share figure was “out of date” and “understated” the true value of IOF’s assets.

The ICPF vote will likely derail Blackstone’s takeover bid. The vote was seen as crucial in seeing the Blackstone bid through, and it is unlikely it will move ahead unless Blackstone improve its current offer.

The ICPF announcement comes a little over a week before investors vote on Blackstone’s proposal on August 29.

OfficeAustraliaReal EstateSector
AUTHOR
Ana Narvaez
The Urban Developer - Editorial Director
More articles by this author
ADVERTISEMENT
TOP STORIES
Stockland bumps up its apartment pipeline in melbourne and sydney
Exclusive

Stockland Re-Enters Density in $5bn Apartment Play

Renee McKeown
4 Min
Woolloongabba Precinct Vulture St
Exclusive

Brisbane Developer in Cross River Rail Compensation Tussle

Clare Burnett
4 Min
The Mondrian Gold Coast hotel's food and beverage is driving profits
Exclusive

Touch, Taste, Theatre: What’s Driving Mondrian’s Success

Renee McKeown
6 Min
Fortis’ display suites are designed as brand environments first, with tactile details and curated design to build buyer confidence before project specifics.
Exclusive

Relevant or Redundant: Will Tech Kill Display Suites?

Vanessa Croll
7 Min
Exclusive

Missing Heart: Why The Gold Coast Needs a CBD

Phil Bartsch
7 Min
View All >
South Melbourne social housing precinct
Affordable & Social Housing

South Melbourne Housing Precinct Revamp Takes Next Step

Leon Della Bosca
JQZ Parramatta EDM
Residential

JQZ Plots 10-Storey Addition to Parramatta ‘Auto Alley’ Plans

Clare Burnett
Aerial view of Caboolture and Bruce highway to Brisbane with Bribie Island Road crossing, Queensland, Australia
Policy

Queensland’s $2bn Push Opens New Housing Front

Vanessa Croll
First projects named in a statewide plan to fast-track supply, including thousands of homes in a major growth region…
LATEST
South Melbourne social housing precinct
Affordable & Social Housing

South Melbourne Housing Precinct Revamp Takes Next Step

Leon Della Bosca
2 Min
JQZ Parramatta EDM
Residential

JQZ Plots 10-Storey Addition to Parramatta ‘Auto Alley’ Plans

Clare Burnett
3 Min
Aerial view of Caboolture and Bruce highway to Brisbane with Bribie Island Road crossing, Queensland, Australia
Policy

Queensland’s $2bn Push Opens New Housing Front

Vanessa Croll
2 Min
The Adelaide purpose built student accommodation market is about to increase by 1058 beds with the State Commission Assessment Panel supporting two towers in the making.
Student Housing

Highrise Approvals Add 1000-Plus PBSA Beds in Adelaide

Renee McKeown
3 Min
View All >
ADVERTISEMENT
Article originally posted at: https://www.theurbandeveloper.com/articles/investa-takeover-stalls-as-fund-rejects-blackstone-bid